Work daily to advance the goal of better health and better care – at a lower cost – across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts!
For more information, please contact HPC-Careers.
The Massachusetts Health Policy Commission (HPC) seeks a Digital Coordinator to assist with the procurement for and design of a highly trafficked website focused on disseminating information about health policy, in addition to maintaining the online presence of the agency. This is a terrific opportunity for a web and digital design professional to support the Office of the Chief of Staff (OCS) in assisting with the design and development of a new website, managing content on the site, and executing the strategy for all social media platforms. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to participate in collaborative work with policy teams in development of this design and content, as well as in developing communications strategy. The Digital Coordinator must have superb written skills, an impeccable attention to detail, and must have the ability to craft social voice for all venues that is authentic, elevated and relatable. This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Staff for External Affairs.
Duties of this position may include, at a minimum:
- Support the OCS in managing the procurement of a website vendor
- Serve as the website procurement project manager charged with leading the coordination of work with the selected vendor, and transitioning page and document content to the new website system
- Utilize web analytics tools to continuously improve stakeholders’ online experience, drive traffic to the site, and track online presence
- Under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Staff for External Affairs, liaise with policy teams as web pages are rebuilt, rewritten, and redesigned
- Manage and respond to all website requests from staff
- Assist the data visualization team display interactive graphs and charts made with Tableau within the new website system
- Develop and contribute innovative social media strategies and content
- Execute social media messages and interactions across all social media platforms and channels
- Maintain social editorial calendars (using social media tools) inclusive of writing copy, scheduling, posting, and regular maintenance
- Live social media event coverage onsite, as needed
- Other communications and operations projects, as assigned
- Depending on the applicant’s skills and interest, there may be opportunities to take on additional responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of relevant full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies, knowledge, skills, and abilities to succeed in the duties of the position.
- Experience working with a host of content management systems (CMS) including Drupal.
- Fluency with all social channels, especially Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Experience working with data visualization software such as Tableau
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on InDesign.
- Experience developing and contributing to social media strategies and content for a mission driven organization.
- Experience in managing projects or project teams, and demonstrated ability to meet project milestones and deadlines for complex, long-term initiatives.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to be flexible in prioritizing tasks.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills, including an ability to organize information and concepts clearly, concisely, and logically to tailor communication for various audiences.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as to function as an effective member of a small team.
- Ability to learn new information quickly.
- Strong attention to detail, judgment, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- An individual of unquestioned ethics and professionalism, with an interest in public service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Experience working in a public department or agency will be strongly considered. Salary is commensurate with experience. The HPC may adjust title and responsibilities depending on the experience, education, and expertise of the individual selected.
As employees of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Health Policy Commission staff are offered a great career opportunity working toward the goal of better health and better care at a lower cost across the Commonwealth – but it's more than just a paycheck. The state's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which should be considered toward overall compensation, including:
- 11 paid holidays per year and generous sick, vacation, and personal time
- 75% state paid medical insurance premium
- Reasonable health, dental, and vision plans offered through the Group Insurance Commission
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- Low-cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- Tuition benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
- Extended sick leave program participation
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities
- Qualified employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
The Massachusetts Health Policy Commission (HPC), established in 2012, is an independent state agency charged with monitoring health care spending growth in Massachusetts and providing data-driven policy recommendations regarding health care delivery and payment system reform. Key activities include setting the health care cost growth benchmark; monitoring provider and payer performance relative to the health care cost growth benchmark; creating standards for care delivery systems that are accountable to better meet patients’ medical, behavioral, and social needs; analyzing the impact of health care market transactions on cost, quality, and access; and investing in community health care delivery and innovations. The HPC's 11-member Board provides oversight to the activities of the agency.
The HPC is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.